A Super Visa is a temporary resident permit that allows parents and grandparents of the applicant to stay for up to 2 years in Canada per visit. It is valid for up to 10 years.
A regular multiple-entry visa is also valid for up to 10 years, but only allows stays of up to 6 months per visit.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SUPER VISA PROGRAM, PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS MUST MEET STANDARD VISITOR VISA REQUIREMENTS. IN ADDITION, THEY MUST:
- Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada;
- Show that the sponsor in Canada meets minimum income requirements;
- Prove they have purchased Canadian health insurance for at least one year; and
- Complete an immigration medical examination.
- Depending on the nationality, parents/grandparents may require a Temporary Resident Visa in addition to the Super Visa.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR PARENTAL SPONSORSHIP OR CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY OF SUPER VISA FOR YOUR PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS?
Our experts will help you with preparing the complete list of the documents required for your application.